Two Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an improved security measure that requires two forms of identification: your password and a generated security code. With 2FA enabled, an application on your smartphone supplies a code that you must enter with your password to log in.
Two-factor authentication requires a smartphone with a supported time-based one-time password (TOTP) app. We use Google Authenticator apps that available on Android, iOS, and Blackberry.
To configure two-factor authentication, perform the following steps:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click Two-Factor Authentication icon.
- Click setup Two-Factor Authentication.
- Install Google Authenticator apps on your smartphone.
- Scan the displayed QR code on cPanel with Google Authenticator.
- Enter the six-digit security code from Google Authenticator to cPanel Security Code text box.
- Click Configure Two Factor Authentication button.